3.25.2012

Pagan Fruit Stripe Painting Diary

Good morning motorbabies! I'm excited to show you my most recent in-progress project! Over the last few weeks, I've begun the process of developing a new visual vocabulary--shedding the muddy pallets I relied on in school and creating something that speaks about my interests and energy.


So I've started experimenting...Here it looks a bit like fruit stripe gum...


Playing with layering, spatters, washes and magic marker...


Blocking in the initial figure using a photo for reference...

A few glazes later, and this is where I've stalled. The muddy spot in the bottom left is the beginning of a bed of wallpaper flowers that will eventually encircle the whole piece like a frame.

Then again...I'm not married to that idea.
Blog friends! Lend me your eyes!


I want to add some animals...Maybe a Jaguar?
Until I decide, I'll be flipping through the slew of great books I found at the library and wait for inspiration to bitch slap me.

What are your thoughts, muffins? What have you been making?

Wishing you much Love, Paint and Rock & Roll, Kittens!

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Damn, you are a creative Goddess! Holy... Stunning. I am humbled by your genius! Damn...

Angela said...

WOW!! Love seeing a glimpse into your process! An animal presence does seem to want to come through. Can't wait to see where She takes you/You take Her :)
I've been dabbling with soulcollage & a handmade postcard or 2.
Wildest Blessings-

Yvonne said...

Each layer added makes it more wonderful. Nice work. I'm in the middle of doing mermaids, in watercolor and in fabric.

Shell said...

The best thing about school for any artistic training is that you learn the rules and philosophies. Once you are done...you can gleefully break all the rules and create with wild abandon. So go nuts and loving all that color in your paintings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...