3.07.2012

Hide Out: My Woods

When I need a moment to exhale and lick my wounds, part of my Girl Cave ritual is to visit the seminary woods.

It's a rejuvenating spot that feels like another planet full of plants and powerful branches-- though the city street is only a short walk away.

There is a small cemetery tucked into the trees where the only sound is snow.
Plenty of room to breathe here and paw prints on the path.

A little river runs through it full of ripples and pennies from passersby.

Where do you hide out when you need a moment?

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Looks like a wonderful place. My place is my own backyard, under an butterfly vine covered arbor next to the shed. I have painted on the arbor above, "Let us Dance in the Sun". Even the birds sometimes don't know I'm there, and they just go on about their day so close to me, it's great.

Anishinaabekwe said...

I hide out in the woods too! I feel that she, Mother Earth, is always healing me when I am there!

Shell said...

There's a small grove of trees I like to go to near a local park. It is full of magic and energy.
Happy you have your own place to retreat to.

Suzie Ridler said...

My area, oddly, is very similar but also very different. I have a stream that I love and graveyards but there are no statues at all. Everything is flat but the cemetery is on a hill. Last time I was in there, my camera died. I had to smudge it to bring it back to life so I haven't gone back but I am glad you have this place to go to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...