12.08.2011

Virgin a Day: 8

Good morning Creampuffs! I apologize to those of you have seen this image before. This particular Virgin is a watercolor I started for an artists book. She will eventually be cut into pieces and sewn together as a quilt with images of other modern goddesses and mothers of Earth.
"Like most people in modern culture, my first experience with the goddess unbeknownst to me, was with Mary...I met her with I was seventeen in Mexico in the purple velvet, candle lit churches of Sinaloa. The Sensuality and warmth of those rooms greatly comforted me."


--From Carolyn McVickar Edwards' book The Storyteller's Goddess: Tales of The Goddess and Her Wisdom from Around The World.

Join the pilgrimage here. Many Blessings! <3

14 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I do so like being called a Creampuff. Thank you! And your Mary is winsome. I hate to think of her being "torn up," though!

Mary My Joy

Spadoman said...

I love being called a creampuff! My name is Joseph, and on the feast day of St. Joseph, March 19th, my mother would pinch my fat rosy dimpled cheeks and make me creampuffs. When i saw that word, I thought of my mother and cried as I miss her so.
I love the painting very much. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Peace

TheRosaryLady said...

Yes, Creampuff does tend to make one happy. I would love to see your quilt when it is finished! I will gladly follow!

Peace be with you,
Shannon

Lenora said...

She is so great and i love the idea of stirring a pot of Goddesses into a quilt! Divine!

Meri said...

She's lovely and I especially love her sacred heart. (Spadoman's story is pretty special too).

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

That was a big hit, Creampuffs, I like it too. Spadoman fell right in there. I would love to see that quilt after being made.
QMM

Stephanie said...

I love the idea of a goddess quilt...all the goddess images dancing together!

rebecca said...

love love love!

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Long work and volunteer day so I'm late visiting VAD. She will make an amazing quilt.

priti.lisa said...

A quilt??? Wow, I will love to see that...seems over my head. I love the way you have painted Mary♥♥♥

Miss Robyn said...

I don't mind being called Creampuff as long as it doesn't go to the hips :)
the book you quote from sounds brilliant.. must look it up!

I love, love your watercolour. love it!
[thanks tons for visiting my blog x]

Noelle Renee said...

Well I love watercolor and you can see how it simply brightens this beautiful Mary. I think the idea of a quilt is marvelous. to be covered and sheltered by Mary, how great is that!
Noelle

foxysue said...

I'm glad I visited your Mary today, she has brightened my morning with her big blue eyed expression.

Sue x

Winterwood said...

what a beautiful piece of art! I love those blues!

the mention of cream puffs has made me feel hungry now! lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...