11.20.2011

My Home Away From Home in My Home

Hello BonBons! My fort project has evolved! It is now a room-sized boho inspired installation that takes up my entire parlor. It's a smaller house inside of our existing house--a tented living room or sorts. We've been enjoying it thoroughly: having dinner picnics, morning coffee, cat naps and slumber parties in it all week long:

When I wake up, I want color all around me.

Coffee for two is best in a tent.

Milo and I enjoy the sun spilling in--

Let's curl up for a few late morning winks.

Milo chose the sheepskin for his snooze.

Piping-hot afternoon tea for three.

My parlor is now a palace for gypsy-queen-kittens on the prowl.

What are your creature comforts today?

7 comments:

Barbara/myth maker said...

Cozy! Enjoy you space.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh that is the best! Just like you are the best! So cool. I used to do that as a kid (I wasn't very kid-like so this was an exception). Your fort is beautiful. I would love to come by for a cuppa!

WrightStuff said...

OOooohh I want one of these. It reminds me of when I made dens out of sheets and clothes airers when I was a kid. I always wanted to sleep in them.

I might have to make one this weekend I think. My son will love it!

Shell said...

I love your gypsy fort.I love to spend time there with you!!

Hettienne said...

I have discovered your blog today and I loved my visit here. i absolutely adore your installation - very much a nomadic gypsy feel to it - love it! my friend has done nearly the same thing in her apartment with a massive square nomadic tent with great huge tassles and cusions everywhere!

Simony said...

Love it! Makes me want to curl up inside and forget about the world!

Yvonne said...

Loved that sort of thing as a kid and now you've inspired me. Why can't adults have hide away tents in the house, right. LOL Great fun you're having!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...