11.02.2011

Dance Party Portraits: New Work In Progress

Hello Peaches! These blustery autumn days are dynamite for being a hyper productive hermit in the studio. I'm working on a small series for a group show I have coming up in December. Here's a peep at the progress !


Untitled mixed media 24"x36"

I'm playing with happy accidents and unequal resolve in my newer pieces. These weren't as meticulously planned as previous works. I took a reference photograph, decided on a pallet (if you can call it that...) and went in guns a blazin'. As far as materials, my method was "see what sticks."

Untitled mixed media on masonite 12"x12"

This is the latest effort and by far the smallest painting I've ever attempted. Here you can see the first layer, I'm working out proportions and building up some volume in the flesh.

Here we are a few hours in and several coats of ink and nail polish later. I'm excited to get that unicorn horn in there. And possibly another evil monkey... :) My goal is to crank out one more piece for the exhibition. I can't wait--it's always a treat to show with friends!

What have you been making, my pretties? Wishing you much Love, Paint and Rock&Roll!

19 comments:

priti.lisa said...

Phenomenal work!!!
I am so excited for you, it will be fun to show your art...it is work to be proud of♥♥♥

rajns (carolyn) said...

Love the energy in your paintings!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Are these pictures of your work? The second version has a slightly different tilt and changes the mood of it. Intriguing.

The very first one has a "family air" with the girl with the feather. Oh, I went a bit back to find her but couldn´t. It must have been longer than I thought.

Netty said...

Wonderful work, happy PPF, x

hastingshall2 said...

Great work with color. Exciting art.

WrightStuff said...

Your work is always so original. Love to visit.

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

I really like the paint work in the face... great brushwork and use of colour... enjoy the exhibition xx

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Awesome creation ~ design, color ~ Wow! Love your style ~thanks, namaste, CArol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF

wednesday said...

Love the new piece! She's so alive.

Debbie said...

Great work! I love them both!!

Kristin Dudish said...

Fantastic - the colors knock my socks off!

xo
Kristin

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

LOVE all your colors, patterns and texture- and the way it just has so much ENERGY is stunning!

Janet said...

Wow! Your art is fantastic! I can feel the energy coming through, and the colors are great....plus lots of texture. That's a winning combination.

creatingme said...

THis is WICKED! So unique and amazing. I am really drawn to this!

Denise said...

Wow! Your no beginner,wonderful art work you do. Denise

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

I love what you said: happy accidents ! Your art is certainly different and I have to be braver with my use of colors, like you! Patsy from
HeARTworks

JKW said...

I love your new works, is that Amanda Palmer? Love the colors and the expression. Blessings, Janet PPF

Robin Panzer Art said...

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying these pieces, they are just so unique and exciting! I'm working on torn paper mixed media hope you'll stop by~Happy Paint Party Friday! #10 Robin Panzer Art Studio 33

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I love your work!! So fabulous. I love the position of the head & color you used. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...