7.15.2011

Paint Party: Her Floating Neon Island

Hello Kittens! Happy Paint Party Friday: here's the progress of my latest piece! She's still in flux, but I'm getting excited about the results. (You can click the image for a larger view.) I started working into the acrylic with watercolors, pencil and nail polish and the resulting surface has become pretty sumptuous.


I've never made a painting like this. It's a combination of ideas, new territory. I like to think that she is an Island--that objects and energies are sprouting from her, or maybe she's dreaming them...
The view here is slightly skewed, but I wanted to show how the nail polish acts like a spot varnish. The irises of her eyes and some of the shapes in the foreground are sparkly. The polish really souped up the color and acts as a blender. Another reason to love GLITTER!!

I just started sketching in this little pink deer. I haven't decided if I'm in love with it yet, but the tiny floating islands definitely need some wildlife. Thoughts anyone?

I am anxious to see what sort of creative kung-fu you've all been up to this week! I haven't been able to visit all of you as often as I'd like, but I appreciate all of your heART support in the past weeks. Much Love, Paint and Rock and Roll, Cupcakes!

21 comments:

kijjet said...

Wow she is amazing! I love the idea of things being drawn to her. And with her skin color she truly could be a magnet. I like the deer too. This is really impressive! I wish I had your talent!! :)

Barbara/myth maker said...

Wow, this is a great piece of art! Just love what you've done. The nail polish was a great idea.

Pam Tucker said...

I am in love with this piece! Everything you add makes me love it more (including the deer). Cool effect with the nail polish! Will have to remember that. Can't wait to see how this ends up. :)

laurie said...

wow, thats something brilliant,, you're having just too much fun you are!!How creative you are,, so much going on,, beautiful!!

WrightStuff said...

Makes we want to go splat some nail polish... in fact... I think I might just go and do that right now... I've got this background just crying out for it!

Thanks :)

Julie said...

IT'S AMAZEBALLS!!! I love it...everything about it...you have a real gem here!! So happy I visited your space today. Happy PPF!

Netty said...

Tremendous creative artistic painting, am so loving it. Happy PPF, Annette x

chris cozen said...

This is really mind-bogling. Amazing, amazing. Such an interesting and exciting piece.

Heather said...

this is so cool and oh so full of things to look at - love the color and the deer! awesome! happy ppf

priti.lisa said...

Creative, inventive and totally rockin' Art World! Go and shine...♥♥♥

Marlene said...

Beautiful! This is one of those painting that I can sit and look at for a long, long time and discovering all that is hidden within.

Giggles said...

You are making wonderful headway! Love it so far! Very inspirational too! I have often thought of using nail polish! Great idea!

Hugs Giggles

SHERI C said...

A very remarkable work! The longer you look at it the more new little things jump out at you. Very creative and bold too. HAPPY PPF!

Darla said...

what a fun piece. I love experimenting with things. You learn so much and are so free to explore without restrictions. I have been painting for over 30 years and still do things I have never done before. I keep finding new ideas out there.

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

This is incredible- I LOVE the energy you've created here- just amazing!
Happy PPF (a day late ;))
Stephanie

Gloria said...

I love this piece. How interesting that you used nail polish, it's a great idea. She does look as if she is emitting a lot of energy and I can sit and look at it for a long time. The addition of the little deer just adds to the feel of life coming from the painting. Very nice, great work. Happy PPF!

NatashaMay said...

I totaly love the deer. :) What a magnificent painting! Nail polish? I have never tied that. :)

EVA said...

Fascinating! She is turning out beautifully!

Nail polish! What a fab idea! I love the deer - perfect in pink and the a great offset to the skull on the other side.

I suspect you could turn the pink smear on the left into something running uphill... I see something there though not quite sure what.

I love it!

Anne said...

Wow! This is really coming along beautifully. I love how much is going on here. And nail polish! How awesome is that! Everyone could use a little more glitter in their lives.

Happy PPF!

Hybrid J said...

Head over heel in love with the vibrancy of your work and could "feel" you excitement from here (Aussieland).

You're doing great and keep going!

Kristin Dudish said...

This is like a feast for my eyes! Hooray for glitter and I love the addition of the pencil flowers :) Your pink deer is sweet and a very cool touch!

xo
Kristin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...