6.11.2011

Craft Time: That Voodoo That Yoo Doo

Hello Sugar Plums!* The moon is getting FAT and I've recently felt the push to putz around with my household shrines. The latest edition to my goddess-goodness altar is this Lakshmi Mojo Jar I created.

Muffin and I took the train to Memphis, TN this spring and the entire city is dripping with bottle caps, folk art, glitter and voodoo supply shops. After our visit I was excited to make some of my own good southern-fried-inspired voodoo with a HerSpeak twist!

This particular jar was made with Abundance in mind--There are a lot of beautiful people in my life who could use a little boost! First, I cleaned out an emptied spice container and decorated it with gobs of glitter and trinkets. Next, I filled it with all kinds of good Juju: cloves, gold leaf, little prayers, lemon oil, gems and scented oil. Then I sealed it up with a kiss and a lit birthday candle with the intention that the light find everyone who needs it.

As soon as I finished, I found a $5 bill in my pants pocket--She will provide. ;)


This was a treat to make! What would you wish for with your Mojo Jar?

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

LOVE IT!!! I've actually been feeling the same draw to work on an altar!! CRAZY!!

Crystalrainbow said...

your abundance jar is just adorable i love it x x

laurie said...

beautiful,, love this,

Geckostone said...

What a great idea! This could be portable too! I would wish for my art to make enough money to quit my job and do art full time!!!Deb

Shell said...

I'm loving your Lakshmi Mojo Jar. A beautiful way to show tribute to this lovely and bountiful Goddess.
I took a Goddess class last year, one of the things I learned is that if you want Lakshmi to bless you more. You need to spend time with her sister, Saravasti. Then Lakshmi gets a bit jealous and wants to send more goodies your way to entice you back to her.
I have done this. It works. I do like Sarasvati, as well. Since she is a Goddess of the Arts.

Dream With the Fishes said...

Nice!!! Full moon's on Wednesday, right? I've still got time to make me one of these juju jars tomorrow! Yipeeeee!! You are always an inspiration, dear girl.

Yoli Manzo & Sharon Boatwright said...

I love this and I adore the concept! So beautiful!

ArtMuse Dog and Carol said...

Love it ! I too have a House Shrine with some art dolls around it and candles and ju ju ~ great to read a 'like minded' person ~ enjoy ^_^

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...