5.27.2009

Wishcasting: What Treat Do You Wish For?

Hello Dumplings! *
It’s Wishcasting Wednesday and this week our Wishtress Jamie tempts us with the question:


What frivolous treat do you wish for?


Delightful.
Indulgent.


I love it.
However, upon further examination my wish is more a fulfillment of fantasy than frivolous whim—a quenching if you will. I wish for an opportunity, just one chance, one amazing night for my jazz combo, The Famous Graves to step out and show the city what kind of guts and rhinestones we’re made of! One night with all the trimmings; the blue light, the crimson carpet, the chrome microphone, the satin gown that makes Julie London jealous and an audience that understands—craves—what’s being shown to them.

Anna, Patrick, Alex and Myself. Photo by Rick Penaloza. Click for more photos.

--A night that makes the crowd pine for a more glamorous moment in time where Torch song was Queen, clean shaven men spoke in cigar smoke and the red lipped ladies smoothed out their gloves while snorting diamonds.

A night dripping with decadence.

I wish for The Famous Graves to get the Chance we need.

I’ve got my fingers busy working on arranging such an evening for Milwaukee’s Fall Gallery Night with the help of other local artists, music lovers, fashion designers, movers and resident shakers! I'm going to be pouring all the energy, magic, resources and juices I've got into this one--Wish me luck, my pretties!
Now, what sort of delicacy do you wish for yourself?
Wish Lavishly, darlings! May all of your musings manifest!
*
P.S. My latest fiber and dye works posted here if you want to peek!

16 comments:

Hybrid J said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. :)

Holly said...

Oh Molly, My Molly- I can see it...I'm sitting there in my best cocktail dress with my diamonds and pearls...and I'm tapping my gloved fingers on the table in between sips of my dirty martini,leaving a carmine colored lip stain on the rim and thinking...
Oh they so can sing it!

As Molly wishes for herself, and those who make music with her, so I lovingly and with intention wish it for her, and them, also!

Sarah said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. :)

Yes am sending Jazz filled wishes..that this will be so!!
Namaste, Sarah

Sara said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Oh I know that wish will come true.

Genie Sea said...

As Molly wishes for herself and the Famous Graves, so I wish for her also! :)

May you get the break you richly deserve and rock the music and entertainment fields to their very core. May the night manifest magically and bring the stars in for attendance :)

Dreamwriter said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also

Anna said...

As Momo wishes for herself, so I wish also!

Diamond snorting sounds painful, but the rest sounds wonderful. I hope we can make that happen for you.

Love,
Nanners

Bohemian Single Mom said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
You so deserve this wish!

You always have the COOLEST posts!
xo

Jamie said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

And for all the other gorgeous, decadent lovelies who CRAVE these delights - may it be so!

Delicious.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Love your energy. It will take you places. :)

KnittingJourneyman said...

This is so beautiful-I wish I could come to see you perform!

ANd I know you are going to get that chance.

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well, with every beat of my heart.

Barbara/myth maker said...

May the Famous Graves get their big break!


As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her, as well.

Shell said...

As Molly wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
When I was reading your wish, I got that buzz when I know something is coming. I sense it is for and your group. Just lay the groundwork and the opportunity is going to appear.

3rdEyeMuse said...

much, much luck & success, too!!

delicacy? ... where to begin? ...


instead I'll do lavish ... 10 - 20 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains w/creek running through, comfortable living space and a separate high ceilinged studio spacedecked out in great windows offering tons of natural light & completely stocked with any and every artsy supply imaginable. :) mhmm.

mermaid musings said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I, Carmen wish for her also.

Genie Sea said...

Oh! BTW! I love the new blog look :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...