4.29.2009

Wishcasting Wednesday: What do you wish to read?

*****Wishcasting Wednesday*****
This wednesday our Wishtress Jamie asks us, "What do you wish to read?"

I wish to Read volumes of dusty poetry,
sticky tea leaves,
wandering clouds
and the EXPRESSION on their faces when
you and I amaze them!
What do You wish to read?
~*~

Hello Dear Hearts! It feels like it's been years--but in truth, simply a few busy weeks! Here's what's been stirring stirring stirring in the studio:

A spider lady revamp! The hoop frame was doing nothing for me--so I created a scrolly paper frame to house the spider goddess instead. Ahhhh, much better!
Etching intaglio plates, making proofs, and printing a small handmade book entitled, "This is WE: Prayers for Isis" for my Print and Narrative Forms course. I'm really enjoying the depth of line and happy accidents that occur with this method of printmaking. Tomorrow I finish printing the images and begin the process of hand coloring.


We're studying tie dying techniquest in my Fibers class. So I've been dying fabric and stitching bits and pieces together to make a Veil for Hecate. I've always wanted to make a wearable work! Last night I began the proccess of starching more cheese cloth to create a cobwebby crown that will sit on top of the head peice. Then on to beading!


And between meetings, class, work and studio time, I've been stealing quiet moments in the evening to DIVE into Women Who Run With the Wolves. As the Great Maya Angelou said, "Everyone who can read should read this book." Talk about an endorsement! If you haven't paged through it alreay, all I can say is it isTruly amazing mind twistin' stuff that your girl guts will Love.
OH! Last but not least--

the Winner of the Herspeak Goddess Give Away is:

Our Lovely 3rd Eye Muse! Hooray!

With school winding down to it's last week I'm cooking up more goddess goodies as week speak, so stay tuned for more give away treats! Now do tell me what you've been crafting in your studios, jotting in your journals and daydreaming about!

Until Next Time~

Much Joy and Merry Making, Friends!

17 comments:

Kavindra said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Stirring stirring, I love it!

Shell said...

As Molly wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Your small handmade books looks creative and very interesting. Hope you'll share more pictures of it.

I have been diving in a whole lot of poetry and enjoying the spring weather.

Hybrid J said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Love your blog, a vibrant place to visit. :)

KnittingJourneyman said...

SUCH beautiful creations!

As Molly wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

Holly said...

Molly, Fun Molly...I have Women Who Run With Wolves, and have had it for YEARS. Never have read it, but you've made me want to try once more. And, I love your wanting to read the leaves and clouds. Wonderful!

As Molly wishes for herself, I lovingly and with intention wish for her, also.

Anna said...

As my Momo wishes for herself, so I wish also.

Cheers to reading on the sandy shore of Lake Michigan! I look forward to some readings from you as well.

Looks like you are making major progress. Wish I could say the same.

~Smooches

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well!

Genie Sea said...

As Molly wishes, so I wish for her also!

I sure missed you my lovely! I kept wondering where my Molly went. I needed some Molly magic! :)

Congrats to 3rd Eye Muse. I will try not to be too jealous!

Bridget said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Peaceole said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

I adore your posts and drawings thank you for sharing!

Jamie said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

It's always a delight to visit you, Molly. Your blog bubbles with energy and life.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Molly wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Such beautiful images! Your creations are way cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

Lissa said...

Love the new frame for the spider goddess. Your web of creativity is endless!

Congrats to 3rd Eye muse-my eyes are now green:)

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish also!

B.Valianti/myth maker said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her , as well.

I love your spider woman!

3rdEyeMuse said...

oh my! I was so utterly and totally sucked into reading your post - oohing and aaahing all the way (with the occasional *sigh* added) when all of a sudden there was MY name!

10,000 thank you's to the fates that favored me. I am honored.

... now, back to my amazement ...

I think the paper frame you created for spider lady is spot on perfection. She seems pleased, too.

... I soooo wish I was going to school with you - you are learning/applying such GREAT lessons ... that book looks GLORIOUS - the detail of the plate is beautiful.

seriously ... could you be any more amazing?!? do you ever sleep? forget to breath? ... perhaps you're simply covered in creative & inspired magic dust.

thank you, too, for the book recommendation - I've added it to my birthday wish list. :)

oh! and since you asked ... crane charms and catfish!

Librarian Lee said...

How beautiful! Lovely, dancing words that lifted me from my seat. Thank you!

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Samantha said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Hey, Women Who Run With The Wolves keeps popping up a lot lately. I blogged about it in March, and it's been by my bedside ever since. There is just such a wealth of valuable wisdom to mine from it. I first read it about 12 years ago, and wish I'd not forgotten about it all this time. It's always nice to come across other women who love it and appreciate it.

Bright Blessings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...