2.04.2009

Wishcasting Wednesday: Chameleon

***WishCasting Wednesday!***

This week our Wishtress Jamie asks us, "What do you wish to become?"

I was stumped.

I asked myself, "What don't you wish to become?! A showing artist? A mischief maker? An inspirational teacher? A siren? The Queen of England? A circus performer? A writer? A magician? A cabaret singer? A success? An interior designer? A social butterfly? A ghost? A gypsy? A leader? A blacksmith? A respected professional? An amazon? A Parisian? A tap dancer? A madame? A curator? A film maker? A pastry chef? A river rat? A vampire?"

It's impossible to deduce--there are just too many enticing choices! Then I decided that choosing wasn't necessary. We so often build our identity based on what we do, particularly what we do to make money. Label obsession.There is no written law that says I must prescribe to one state of being at a time--there is no reason I can't simultaneously be a Victorian Nosferatu and an amateur jazz appreciator. No reason I can't teach children to glue macaroni to paper by day and be a sequined trapeze artist by night. There is no reason I can't be a starving artist and live like the Queen of my Manor. There is no reason I can't push paper until the wee hours of the morning before painting on my cat eyes and slipping off to a club as a vintage Hollywood hotcake. Heck--after drinking absinthe all night with hipsters I might feel my second wind, grow fins and slip into Lake Michigan as a mermaid to watch the sunrise.

And best of all, there's no reason I can't disappear with a snap of my fingers.
I could be invisible.


My wish is to be a most cunning Chameleon. My wish is to don any daring face I fancy. My wish is to be a smiling Swiss army knife--ready for anyone, ready for anything. When I hear people say, "Things aren't always as they seem," I laugh a little laugh under my breath and think,

"Honey, nothing is ever what it seems."

What do you wish to become?

14 comments:

June said...

Always thoughtful and interesting posts my friend and a good question.
I wish to become 'the spring' Full of new thoughts, new beginnings, full of promise within my art and full of energy in my body ready to push those roots up into the sunshine.
Hugs June x

Pamela said...

A very thought provoking post! Thank you for the inspiration!

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. :D

Kavindra said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Yes you can be anyone of a zillion things with just the blink of an eye! Amazing wish that has already come true.

Jamie said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish also.

What a glorious chameleon you are!

Anna said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Amen to the label madness. Why limit oneself with pesky labels that, although superficial, can weigh down on and inhibit one like being sat on by a pachyderm?

Wonderful wish, my dear.

myrope said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

It seems you are already the thing you wish, or is just how it appears?

: )

Tammy said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Genie Sea said...

As Molly wishes for her chameleon self, so I wish for her also!

This is a shoe in. You already are all those things. You are one magical, multifaceted, uber talented, fascinatingly adventurous, and splendidly scintillating chameleon! :)

jennlui said...

as molly wishes for herself, so i wish for her also!!!

woowweeeee faaaabulous wish molly!!! i LOVE it!!! hee hee!!! oh oh me too, me too!!! i wish for myself to be as changeable as my whims, as flexible as a master yogi and yes as cunning as a chameleon!!! hee hee!!! i love how we can be anything we want to become... we just have to be open to it and invite it in...

indeed nothing is as it seems... tee hee!!!

awesome post!!!

peace and love to you!!!

Breedale said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I love the creativity of your wish!

Serena said...

As Molly wishes for herself so I wish for her also ~

What a wonderful and fun wish!

Lissa said...

Your posts always take me on a magical carpet ride.

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Melissa said...

As you wish, I ditto ya.

You are really neat.

Really.

~Magick~
Melissa

Melba said...

As Molly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...